23

23

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Follow your Passion!

Regardless if it's sports, computers, building roller coasters or flying planes...one should seek to follow their passion! Nothing fullfills that void in your life than doing what you want to do. It may not be possible to do that right now for some, but you should always be thinking and working towards that goal. That one thing that make you get up everyday excited to get going. For me the answer to that is simple...basketball.


Before I got into coaching, it was all about playing the game but once I entered the coaching world a whloe new passion came about. After my first year of coaching 5th grade boys basketball I was hooked. You ask most coaches and I'm sure they will say the same thing. Once coaching is in your blood...it stays there...it keeps growing and has consumed every second of my life! My wife calls it an obsession...and she is right!. Yes I said it..."she is right!" lol!


I have spent the better part of 12 years being a human sponge! I have had the privilege of working with and around some very good people. From coaches, employers, administrators, mentors, buisness people...anyone and everyone that I could learn something from. I paid attention to detail to steal the good from a lot of different people I respected to form my own coaching identity. That combined with my own life experiences growing up, I developed my process of doing things. Is it the right way? I like to think so. Is it the only way? No. I continue to take in what I see, hear and do as it will always be a working process. You never can learn everything about this game...if you think you do, then you're done.


If you have something that your passionate about then what are you waiting for? Time goes by faster the older you get so don't waste anymore time talking about it...JUST DO IT!